The Firth of Forth is the estuary (or "firth") of Scotland's river "Forth," where it flows into the North Sea. The area is probably best known for the massive bridge spanning the Forth. Built in 1890, the all steel bridge was "overbuilt" to assure those who crossed that it could withstand the harsh punishment from the fierce storms which frequent the area. This piece, written for young players, exemplifies both the the might of the beautiful bridge, with the strong opening statement in the strings and timpani, and the serene beauty of the Scottish countryside with the middle section featuring winds, harp and trumpet solo. The harp part can easily be substituted with a keyboard instrument.